The Lander women’s soccer team hits the road after a tough loss to Auburn-Montgomery to face Coker on Wednesday.
Lander’s Record: 2-1-1, 0-0-0 PBC
Coker’s Record: 0-0-2, 0-0-0 SAC
First Met: Sept. 25, 2000 (1-0 Lander)
Last Met: Sept. 11, 2019 (7-0 Lander)
Last Five Against Coker: 5-0
Who’s Next: VS Ga. Southwestern (Sept. 18)
- The Bearcats fell to the Warhawks of Auburn-Montgomery 2-1 after a late goal in the second half.
- Romie Llewellyn scored the only goal for the Bearcats in the 60th minute of play.
- Before losing to UAM, the Bearcats had shut out their last two opponents 7-0.
- Maren White continues to lead Lander in goals with three and points with six. Llewellyn and Mary Moosbrugger both have two goals this season. Three other Bearcats have found the back of the net.
- Sarah Owen has started all four games this season, going 2-1-1 in the process. She has one solo shutout and one combined shutout while making 14 saves.
- Among PBC teams so far, the Bearcats are second in scoring average, second in shots taken, second in shots on goal, tied for first in goals, second in assists.
- The Cobras are coming into this contest with a pair of ties. They tied Southern Wesleyan 0-0 to begin the season while tying Converse 1-1 in their most recent outing.
- Abbie Boling is the owner of the only goal this season for Coker.
- Katie Moore and Sarah Swaim have both seen action in net for Coker. Moore played in the Converse game, making eight saves. Swaim made two saves in the SWU match.
- The Bearcats begin conference action on Saturday with a visit from Georgia Southwestern.