Due to the possibility of severe weather in the Upstate region, and out of an abundance of caution, all Lander University classes will meet online for Thursday, March 18.
- For courses where e-learning is not possible, faculty will have the option to cancel that class for the day. Students should check Blackboard and campus email for instructions from faculty regarding class arrangements and assignments.
- While classes will be held online, campus will remain open tomorrow, and all student services, such as dining, health and safety, will be available.
- Employees who are able to telecommute are encouraged to work from home on Thursday, with supervisor approval. Supervisors should ensure campus offices are open and staffed appropriately.
Conditions can change quickly as this system approaches the Upstate. Heavy rain, thunderstorms and brief, isolated tornadoes may be possible throughout the day tomorrow. Be alert for rapidly changing conditions, and be ready to act quickly to protect yourself if severe weather warnings or Lander Alerts are issued. Make sure to:
- Review campus safety procedures and severe weather shelter locations.
- Sign up for the Lander Alert system for text notifications.
- Stay updated on the latest weather conditions: NWS | WSPA-TV | WYFF-TV | Fox Carolina | Index-Journal