Lander University is closely monitoring the emerging COVID-19 (novel coronavirus) developments in the U.S. and abroad. University officials remain in daily contact with government and public health agencies for the latest updates and are following all guidelines from the Department of Health and Environmental Control (DHEC) and Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC).
This page will provide regular updates and important information related to COVID-19’s impact at Lander University. Statewide updates, including testing and reported cases, are available through the South Carolina Department of Health and Environmental Control’s (S.C. DHEC) website.
Updated 3/27/20 at 4:00 p.m.:
- In accordance with S.C. Gov. Henry McMaster’s Executive Order 2020-11, until further notice, only essential personnel are permitted to physically report to campus. All other personnel are prohibited from reporting to campus for work, and instead should utilize telecommuting or work-from-home options. Supervisors will be in contact with their employees regarding possible telecommuting and essential personnel assignments.
- Online instruction at Lander University will be extended through the conclusion of the spring semester, with all classes, instruction, labs and final exams administered virtually. Face-to-face instruction will not resume for Spring 2020.
- All campus events scheduled through the end of the Spring 2020 semester are cancelled or postponed.
- The University administration is working with the state’s Commission on Higher Education on a plan to address students’ investments in housing and dining services. Details of this plan will be communicated to students as soon as those decisions are made.
- At this time, there are NO confirmed cases of COVID-19 on the Lander University campus.
- To see the most current statistics regarding confirmed cases of COVID-19 in South Carolina, please visit DHEC’s website.
- Following today’s update, regular campus updates will be issued each Monday and Thursday at 6 p.m., or as-needed as important news and information becomes available.