Bearcats open NCAA Tournament against Lincoln Memorial:
The third-seeded Lander women’s soccer team travels to Carson-Newman looking to make a run in the NCAA Southeast Regional beginning with an opening round matchup against sixth-seeded Lincoln Memorial on Friday morning at 11:00 a.m., at McCown Field.
WATCH: Stretch Internet
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (12-2-2) is making its first apperance ever in the NCAA Tournament, while Lincoln Memorial (14-4) in back in the tournament for the first time since 2007.
• Friday marks the second meeting ever between the Bearcats and Railsplitters. The two teams faced each other in 2006, when Lincoln Memorial claimed a 3-1 victory in Greenwood.
• The Bearcats drew with Georgia College in the Peach Belt Conference Tournament quarterfinals, running their unbeaten streak to six consecutive matches.
• Lander placed Emily Jermstad, Victoria Lange, Chloe Le Franc and Brianna Taylor on the All-PBC second team.
• Jermstad ranks 18th nationally in assists and 13th in the nation in assists per game.
• The Bearcats have held their last six opponents to one goal or less. Only two teams have scored multiple goals against Lander all season.
• A win over the Railsplitter would give Lander its 13th victory of the season, tying the school record held by the 2007, 2011 and 2013 teams.