COLUMBUS, Ga. – The Lander men’s basketball team (2-3, 0-1 PBC) concludes a two-game road stretch on Saturday as the Bearcats take on Columbus State (0-3, 0-0 PBC) at 1:30 p.m.
WATCH: CSU Cougars
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LUmbbearcats on Twitter for in-game updates
- Lander and Columbus State met last year in Finis Horne Arena as the Cougars claimed an 80-66 victory over the Bearcats.
- The Bearcats are searching for their first Peach Belt Conference victory of the season, while Saturday’s game is the PBC opener for Columbus State.
- The two teams are nearly identical offensively. The Cougars are averaging 72.0 points per game, while Lander averages 71.8 per game.
- Lander recorded a season-high 10 steals on Thursday night at Erskine. The Bearcats have won the turnover battle in each of their last three contests.
- With a season-high 17 offensive rebounds against the Flying Fleet, Lander extended its streak of double-digit offensive boards in every game this season.
- Opponents are shooting 56.3% on the season against Columbus State. The Cougars have allowed 86.0 points per game through the first three games of the year.
- Lander defeated the Cougars 94-89 in the Bearcats’ last trip to Columbus in 2016 behind JR Washington’s 41-point performance.