Wingate, N.C. – The Lander women’s cross country team is set to participate in its first NCAA Southeast Regional since the year 2008. The Bearcats will take to the Wingate University Cross Country Facility at 9:00 a.m. on Saturday morning.
- FreshmenCatey Rithianos and Allie Reynolds have ran out front for the Bearcats in every race this season. Rithianos has topped the team on four occasions this season, while Reynolds placed first three different times.
- Lander received an early look at Saturday’s course on Nov. 4th during the Bulldog Stampede at Wingate. The team finished 19th at the 7th annual running of the event. Rithianos topped the team with a 78th overall finish with a time of 28:18.
- Queens enters Saturday’s contest as the top-ranked team in the Southeast Region. Fellow Peach Belt member schools Augusta, Georgia College, Flagler and UNC Pembroke all find themselves in the top 10 of the Southeast Regional Rankings this week.
- Reynolds was the fastest runner for the Bearcats two weeks ago at the PBC Championship. The freshman finished 74th with a time of 27:24.
- Montavello won last year’s Southeast Regional by six points over Queens.