Augusta, Ga. – In the Bearcats’ last week of the season, the Lander volleyball team (15-9, 4-6 PBC) is set to travel to Augusta (16-13, 5-5 PBC) on Tuesday for a 7:00 p.m match against the Jaguars.
WATCH: Augusta Athletics
LIVE STATS: Volleyball
SOCIAL: Follow @LUVOLLEYBALL on Twitter for in-game updates
- With just two games remaining in the regular season, the Bearcats are currently positioned at fifth in the Peach Belt Conference standings. If the conference championship was to start today, Lander would be matched up with fourth-seeded Augusta in the first round.
- Lander has tallied a 1-2 record in the team’s last three contests. Before that point, the Bearcats were riding a four-game winning streak in the month of October.
- Augusta enters Tuesday’s match on a two-game losing streak. The Jaguars failed to win a set in their last two outings against Flagler and Georgia College.
- Augusta holds the distinction of claiming the top two attackers in the Peach Belt Conference statistically. Junior McKenzey Beck leads the conference with 335 kills, while junior Savannah Gonzalez ranks in a close second with 325 kills on the season.
- Lander freshmanHannah Hritz isn’t far behind the two Augusta hitters. Hritz ranks third in the PBC with 296 kills.
- Augusta won the first match between these two teams. The Bearcats fell 3-1 inside Horne Arena to the Jaguars on Sept. 21st.