Columbus, Ga. – After clinching the No. 7-seed in the PBC Championship with a 4-0 win over Georgia Southwestern, the Lander women’s soccer team (8-7, 4-6 PBC) will begin its postseason campaign with a 2:00 p.m. road contest on Tuesday against 2nd-seeded and No. 8 nationally ranked Columbus State (13-2, 8-2 PBC).
WATCH: Columbus State Athletics
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
- Columbus State and Lander met one time during the regular season back on Sept. 30th. The Cougars won that meeting in a match that took overtime to decide. Junior forward Olivia Jarrell notched the game-winning goal in the 95th minute to give Columbus State the 2-1 win.
- Senior forwardHannah Martin registered the lone goal for Lander in the losing effort against Columbus State.
- The Cougars are led by three players with 10 or more goals on the season. Jarrell leads the team with 16, followed by sophomore Riley Clark with 13 and senior Cassandra Wade with 10.
- Columbus State leads the Peach Belt with 70 goals on the season. This conference high mark is a staggering 21 more goals than second place finisher North Georgia who has 49 goals on the year.
- Lander’s four goals on Saturday against Georgia Southwestern marked the most goals that the Bearcats have tallied in one game. The team found offense from four different sources asChloe Le Franc, Brennen McCarthy, Logan Lewis and Emily Jermstad all got in on the action for the 4-0 victory.
- The Bearcats failed to qualify for last season’s Peach Belt Conference Tournament. As for the Cougars, Columbus State won their third consecutive PBC Championship last season after defeating North Georgia by a score of 3-2 in the title game.