Pembroke, N.C. – After falling to Young Harris over the weekend, the Lander women’s soccer team (7-5, 3-4 PBC) will face UNC Pembroke (9-3-1, 4-1-1 PBC) at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday night.
WATCH: UNCP Athletics
LIVE STATS: StatBroadcast
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for updates
- Lander currently sits at No. 7 in the Peach Belt Conference standings. The Bearcats would need to make up four points in their final three games in order to secure home field advantage for the first round of the PBC Championship.
- The Bearcats fell in their last meeting against UNC Pembroke in 2016 by a score of 2-0.
- UNC Pembroke is coming off an impressive previous week. The Braves defeated Lenoir-Rhyne and Lees-McRae after gaining a draw against No. 5-ranked Flagler at home.
- UNC Pembroke goalkeeper Gina Ryan was honored as the PBC Goalkeeper of the Week for the second time this season on Monday. Ryan recorded an impressive 18 saves in the team’s last week of action.
- Lander goalkeeperSarah Owen continues to prove herself as one of the top goalkeepers in the PBC as just a freshman. Owen ranks fourth in the conference in three different statistical categories (goals against, goals against average and saves).
- UNC Pembroke will be honoring our servicemen and women at the game on Wednesday with a special Military Appreciation Night at EMC Stadium.