Dahlonega, Ga. – After falling at home against Columbus State on Saturday, the Lander women’s soccer team (5-3, 2-2 PBC) will look to get back in the win column on Wednesday as the Bearcats travel to take on North Georgia (5-3-2, 3-2-0 PBC) at 5:00 p.m.
WATCH: UNG Athletics YouTube
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
- Lander has yet to slip into a losing streak this season. The Bearcats have responded with wins after each of the team’s three losses on the year.
- North Georgia has been one of the more intriguing storylines in the Peach Belt Conference this season. The Nighthawks were winners of four consecutive games earlier this year with one of those wins coming against previously No. 2-ranked Columbus State on the road. North Georgia is now on the heels of a two game losing streak.
- FreshmanSarah Owen continues to rank as one of the top goalkeepers in the Peach Belt this season. Owen ranks fourth in the PBC in several statistical categories including: fewest goals against, goals-against average, total saves and save percentage.
- North Georgia forward Renee VanHorn leads the PBC in both goals and assists with seven and five respectively.
- North Georgia defeated Lander 3-2 in the teams’ lone meeting last season in an overtime thriller in Greenwood.