GREENWOOD – The Lander women’s soccer team (4-2, 1-1 PBC) returns home this week to continue Peach Belt Conference play against Francis Marion (3-2, 0-1 PBC) on Wednesday, Sept. 27 at 5:00 p.m. The match will be the first of two home contests the Bearcats will play this week.
WATCH: Bearcat Broadcasting Network
LIVE STATS: Women’s Soccer
SOCIAL: Follow @LanderWSoccer on Twitter for in-game updates
• The Bearcats are 1-8 all-time against the Patriots. Lander has never beaten Francis Marion in Greenwood. The Bearcats topped FMU 4-1 on the road last season behind a career-high two goals from Kari George and two assists from Logan Lewis for the program’s first-ever win in the series.
• Lander fell to No. 25 Flagler last Wednesday in St. Augustine, Fla. The Bearcats tied the match on a second half goal from Hannah Martin, but the Saints pulled away late to take a 3-1 win.
• This season the Bearcats are 3-1 at home, defeating North Greenville 1-0, Erskine 3-1 and Clayton State 1-0 but falling to Wingate 2-1 in double-overtime.
• Lander is 6-0 in its last six matches when scoring first, including a 3-0 mark this season
• The Bearcats are looking to exceed their win total from 2016.
• Lander currently ranks fifth in the PBC in attendance, averaging 210 fans per home match.
• The Bearcats are the lone team in the league to draw a red card this season.