Due West, S.C. – After falling to Carson-Newman on Nov. 11th, the No. 22-ranked Lander women’s basketball team (4-1) has notched three consecutive wins. The Bearcats will look to continue their streak on Thursday with a 5:30 p.m. road game against rival Erskine (2-5).
WATCH: Fleet Sports Network
LIVE STATS: SideArm Stats
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
- Lander overcame Georgia College by a score of 61-54 in the team’s first conference game of the season on Monday.
- The Bearcats currently boast three different players with scoring averages of 10 or more points per game. SeniorMylea McKenith leads the team with 15.3 points per game followed closely by senior Breshay Johnson with 15.2 points per contest. Sophomore Destinee Langford rounds out the top three with a 10.3 points per game average.
- Lander has made a habit of playing in close games at the start of the 2017-18 season. The Bearcats have averaged a narrow margin of victory at 5.25 points per game.
- The Fleet are in the midst of a two-game losing streak after defeating North Greenville 87-86 in a double overtime thriller on Nov. 21st.
- Thursday’s game is the third contest in the last three seasons between Erskine and Lander. The Bearcats have prevailed in the previous two meetings by a double-digit margin.
- The rivalry matchup marks the beginning of a two-game road skid for the Bearcats. Lander will return to Finis Horne Arena on Dec. 4th against Converse.