Pianist Alex Crosett to Perform at Lander University, Feb. 21
GREENWOOD, S.C. — The community is invited to a free concert featuring pianist Alex Crosett on Tuesday, February 21 at Lander University. Part of the university’s Artist Recital Series, the performance features a beautiful blend of Classical, Baroque, Romantic and Impressionistic composers including Bach, Beethoven, Brahms, Debussy and Copland.
* Variations and Fugue on a Theme by Handel, Op. 24 by Johannes Brahms
* Reflets dans l’eau (“Reflections in the Water”) from Images, Book 1 by Claude Debussy
* Piano Sonata; I. Molto Moderato by Aaron Copland
* Prelude and Fugue in d minor, WTC II, BWV 875 by Johann Sebastian Bach
* Piano Sonata No. 21 in C Major, Op. 53 (“Waldstein”); I. Allegro Con Brio by Ludwig van Beethoven
Described as a “young pianist of extraordinary talent,” Crosett has performed throughout the United States and in Canada, Italy, Spain, Germany and France, winning multiple competitions on the international level. A member of the faculty at Kennesaw State University in Georgia, the pianist holds a master in music in piano performance from the Manhattan School of Music, where he studied under award-winning classical pianists André-Michel Schub and Van Cliburn.
The concert begins at 8 p.m. in the Abney Cultural Center Auditorium and is FALS-approved for Lander students seeking credit.
Pianist Alex Crosett performs at 8 p.m. on Tuesday, February 21 in the Abney Cultural Center Auditorium at Lander University. The community is invited to this free concert.