GREENWOOD – The Lander women’s basketball team hosts Carver Bible College on Monday night at 5:30 p.m., before embarking on a three-game road trip over six days, including a pair of conference bouts.
WATCH: Lander Athletics
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (4-2) has won four of its last five contests, including a 89-46 victory over rival Erskine on Thursday night. The Bearcats raced out to a 22-4 lead in the first quarter and held off the Flying Fleet for their 13th consecutive win in the series.
• Ty’hesha Reynolds netted 30 points in Lander’s win over Erskine, coming just two points shy of tying her career-high. Reynolds was three assists away from becoming the first Bearcat women’s basketball player with a triple-double since joining the Peach Belt Conference and just the eighth player with a triple-double in PBC history.
• The Bearcats are averaging 85.8 points per game, tops in the Peach Belt and ninth in the nation.
• Lander has won its last nine games in Horne Arena, the longest home winning streak since the Bearcats won nine in a row from November 18th to January 10th in 2015.
• Monday marks the second ever meeting between Lander and Carver Bible College. The Bearcats defeated the Cougars in Atlanta last season, 114-78.
• Through six games, lander also leads the PBC in assists per contest, averaging 19.3 per contest. The Bearcats rank 14th nationally in assists per game.
• After taking on Carver, Lander goes 25 days without a home game. The Bearcats travel to Limestone on December 14th and open conference play on the road against Montevallo and North Georgia on the 17th and 19th, respectively. Lander returns to Horne Arena on New Year’s Eve to take on Johnson C. Smith.