GREENWOOD – The Lander women’s basketball team takes the court at Finis Horne Arena for the first time in 2016-17 on Thursday night when it faces rival Erskine at 5:30 p.m.
WATCH: Lander Athletics
SOCIAL: Follow @LUBearcatsWBB on Twitter for in-game updates
• Lander (3-2) spent its first five games of the season on the road. The Bearcats began the season in Harrogate, Tenn., for the SAC/Peach Belt Challenge, falling to Lincoln Memorial before rebounding to defeat Carson-Newman. Lander then split a pair of games at the Courtyard Classic, knocking off Converse and dropping to Johnson C. Smith. The Bearcats raced past Warren Wilson on Sunday afternoon to wrap up the month of November.
• Lander’s 128-59 win over Warren Wilson on Sunday marked the third consecutive season that the Bearcats have won a game by at least 60 points and the 10th time since 2013 that Lander has topped the century mark in points.
• Breshay Johnson earned a spot on the Courtyard Classic All-Tournament team and was named the PBC Player of the Week after averaging a double-double against Converse and Johnson C. Smith. The junior leads the Bearcats with 16.6 points and 10.6 rebounds per game.
• The Bearcats finished the 2015-16 season with an eight-game winning streak at home. Lander has won 26 of its previous 30 games at Horne Arena.
• Lander holds a 39-17 advantage over the Flying Fleet. The Bearcats have won 12 consecutive games against Erskine, a streak that dates back to 1998.
• The Bearcats have won each of their last three home openers. Lander defeated Lincoln Memorial, 58-56, on a buzzer-beater in the season-opener last year.
• Lander played five games away from home in November, the most since 2011, when the Bearcats played just one game at home and traveled for four contests.